An appointment as professor in functional ecology in limnic systems is vacant at the Department of Aquatic Sciences and Assessment at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden. The department (www.slu.se/vatten-miljo) is a research center for applied environmental research with national responsibility for monitoring the environmental status of lakes and watercourses. Research is mainly focused on aquatic ecology and biodiversity, geochemistry and hydrology and aquatic ecotoxicology and environmental chemistry. The department consists of some 100 persons of which about half are researchers and PhD students and the other half consists of technical personnel. The department is part of the Soil and Water Environmental Center situated on the SLU campus in Ultuna, Uppsala.
Subject area description:
Functional ecology in limnic systems is the study of processes that operate from organism to ecosystem levels and how they affect the characteristics of the systems. The subject area comprises applied research of how aquatic organisms’ activities and characteristics affect ecosystem functioning within or among lakes and streams.
The holder of this position is expected to:
• develop and lead an internationally successful research group and an externally financed research programme
• apply for external research funding from national and international funding agencies
• plan and carry out teaching and supervision of students at different levels
• develop and maintain national and international networks and collaborations with academia and relevant agencies, industry and stakeholders
• disseminate research findings and contribute with relevant knowledge to society
• support the strategic development of the department and faculty
The successful candidate shall:
• have a PhD and competence as associate professor (docent) or equivalent
• be scientifically skilled within the subject area for this appointment
• be pedagogically skilled
Form of employment: Permanent employment
Starting date: According to agreement.
For more information: https://www.slu.se/en/about-slu/jobs-vacancies/?rm