Dates: 8-12 September 2013
Location: Bozeman, Montana USA
The 5th International Conference on Polar and Alpine Microbiology (PAM5) will bring together scientists, students and professionals to discuss all aspects of cold-adapted microorganisms and the roles they play in polar and alpine environments, to address recent developments, and to exchange ideas and experiences on an international scale.
• Sub-zero Microbiology: Links to Other Ecosystems
• Microbial First Responders to a Changing World
• Thresholds and Tipping Points in Polar and Alpine Environments
• Subglacial Microbiology
• Evolution of Psychrophilic Microorganisms
• Biodiversity, Ecosystem Function, and Environmental Change: Past, Present and Future
• Earth's Subzero Biosphere as a Model for Microbial Life on Other Icy Worlds
The initial call for abstracts and registration will be made in January 2013.
The deadline for registration and abstract submission is 1 June 2013.
Please see the conference website, (http://polaralpinemi...13.montana.edu/)