Algenol is seeking a full-time Lab Technician position (B.Sc.) in the Integrated Biorefinery.
The major task for this position will be the cultivation of algal cultures at
both small and large scales in support of research and development objectives. The
technician also will be responsible for conducting routine quality control
measurements on algal cultures and assisting with the inoculation of
1. Prepare culture media, solutions, and agar plates for algal cultures.
2. Cultivation of small and large volume axenic algal cultures.
3. Conduct quality control on algal cultures.
4. Assist with inoculations and operations of outdoor photobioreactors.
5. General facility and equipment maintenance.
6. Retaining of a positive, can-do attitude in a fast paced work environment under physically demanding (hot, humid) conditions.
7. Availability for flexible work hours and weekends (incl. Sunday, holiday).
1. Completed B.Sc. in Biology, Botany, Marine
Biology, Limnology, Microbiology, Bioengineering, Engineering or comparable
2. Experience in basic microbiology techniques,
including media preparation and aseptic techniques.
3. Familiar with general lab practices, lab safety
rules, and basic scientific equipment.
4. Ability to problem-solve and work independently
but integrate well with a broader team and to cope with a fast pace work
5. Versed with personal computers and Microsoft
6. Must be willing to work long hours, weekends as required.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
1. Practical independent research experience beyond
undergraduate lab courses, preferentially in the field of
microalgal/phytoplankton ecology and/or physiology.
2. Experience with algal culturing techniques, including
3. Post-graduate work experience is beneficial
Candidates must be eligible to work in the
United States. Preference will be given to candidates available to start the
position immediately. Screening of applications will commence immediately until
position is filled. Algenol Biofuels is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants submit their cover letter; resume;
and name, address, and email of three references as one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the code 'IBRLT-02' in the subject line. Applicants indicate their time frame
of availability in their cover letter. Review of applications will begin
immediately until the position is filled. Only applications meeting the
outlined qualifications and providing all requested information will be
Competitive compensation package includes
performance-based bonus programs, medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k)
plan, and childcare benefits.