Algenol is seeking to fill one full-time Senior Lab Technician or Research Associate position in its Algal Physiology & Photobiology Group to perform research aimed at understanding and optimizing algal growth, photobiology (dynamics of photosynthesis), nutrient demand, and ethanol production in proprietary photobioreactor systems under the guidance of the Asst. Director of Physiology.
1. Design and conduct sound scientific experimental protocols
2. Participate directly in bioreactor and experiment setup and execution
3. Perform in-lab analyses
4. Provide sound data assessment and result reports
5. Work closely with technical personnel
6. Support general facility and equipment maintenance
1. B.S. or M.Sc. in Biology, Botany, Marine Biology, Phycology, Limnology, or comparable discipline
2. Active research and publication experience
3. Profound knowledge in algal/cyanobacteria ecology, physiology, and photobiology
4. Familiar and experienced with general lab practices, lab safety rules, and basic scientific equipment for the field
5. Ability to lift heavy weights and to work extended periods of time outdoors in a hot and humid climate
6. Ability to work independently but integrate well with small working groups and to cope with a fast pace work environment
7. Versed with personal computers and Microsoft Office applications
8. Fluent in written and spoken English
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
1. Experience with algal/phytoplankton ecology and/or physiology
2. Demonstrated lab and field experience in aquatic science or algal work
3. Working experience with flow cytometry, PAM fluorescence, or enzyme assays
4. Experience with algal culture techniques or culture process control is beneficial
5. Post-graduation research experience is beneficial Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States and available to start the position immediately.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States and available to start the position immediately. Screening of applications will commence immediately until position is filled. Algenol Biofuels is an equal opportunity employer.
Candidates submit, in electronic form (MS Word, PDF), their cover letter; a complete curriculum vitae with publication list; and names, affiliation, nature of relationship, and email of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
and reference Job Code (PRA-01) in the subject line. Applicants indicate their availability in their cover letter. Only applications meeting the outlined qualifications and providing all requested information will be reviewed and answered.