Professor of Aquatic Ecosystem Management
The Department of biological sciences is seeking applications for a full-time tenure-track professor position at the rank of assistant, associate or full professor in aquatic ecosystem management. The appointed candidate will be nominated for the Canada Research Chairs program, Tier I. Applications must include a summary of the candidate’s research program, in concordance with the form found at: http://www.fas.umontreal.ca/affaires-professorales/postes/Chaire-info-2005-eng.pdf.
The appointed candidate will be expected to teach at all three levels of the curriculum, supervise graduate students, engage in ongoing research and publication, and contribute to the academic life and reputation of the University.
Further, the candidate will be involved in the development of major initiatives in environment and sustainable development at the university level. He or she will be required to apply and obtain a Tier I Canada Research Chair.
The candidate will also develop a research program in aquatic ecosystem management, ideally including a field-oriented research component and a potential for interactions with the Groupe de Recherche interuniversitaire en Limnologie (GRIL). Examples of research areas of interest for the Department include:
• Integrative management of watersheds;
• Management of ecosystems, communities and food webs;
• Sustainable management of aquatic biodiversity;
• Sustainable management of mining residues;
• Sustainable management of urban and agricultural effluents;
• Conservation of ecological services.
• PhD in aquatic ecosystem management or a related field.
• Significant publications of high impact publications in the field.
• Teaching experience.
• The ability to work in an interdisciplinary context and to develop collaborations with members of the Department of biological sciences and of other departments at the University.
• Proficiency in the French language. The Université de Montréal is a Québec university with an international reputation. French is the language of instruction. To renew its teaching faculty, the University is intensively recruiting the world’s best specialists. In accordance with the institution’s language policy
[http://secretariatgeneral.umontreal.ca/fileadmin/user_upload/secretariat/doc_officiels/reglements/administration/adm10-34_politique-linguistique.pdf], the Université de Montréal provides support for newly-recruited faculty to attain proficiency in French.
The Université de Montréal offers a competitive salary and a complete range of employee benefits.
June 1, 2013.
The complete application, including a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of three recent publications, research and teaching statements (maximum two pages each) must be received by the Search Committee at the mail or email address below by December 3, 2012. This position remains open until filled.
Candidates’ applications and three letters of recommendation must also be sent by mail or email to:
Search committee of the Tier I Canada Research Chair
in Aquatic ecosystem management
a/s de Martine Girard
Département de sciences biologiques
Université de Montréal
C. P. 6128, succursale Centre-ville
Montréal (Québec) H3C 3J7
Courriel : email@example.com
Téléphone : 514-343-6878
For more information about the Department of biological sciences please consult the Web site at: http://www.bio.umontreal.ca/
The Université de Montréal application process allows all regular professors in the Department to have access to all documents unless the applicant explicitly states in her or his cover letter that access to the application should be limited to the selection committee. This restriction on accessibility will be lifted if the applicant is invited for an interview.
Employment Equity Program
The Université de Montréal upholds the principles of employment equity and welcomes applications from women, ethnic and visible minorities, aboriginals and people with disabilities. All applicants are asked to complete the employment equity identification questionnaire posted at
http://www.drh.umontreal.ca/documents/bpe/bpe_paee/formulaire_PAEE_bpe.pdf, and attach it to their application.
In compliance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority shall be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.